ABOUT SHARED VALUE MEDIA:
Shared Value Media is a communications firm focused on scalable community outreach. We believe communications is a powerful tool in building a more just, equitable world. We work with government, non-profit, and corporate clients to help increase the impact of their programs and make sure that critical information and support reaches those who need it most.
Our approach is focused on working hand-in hand with a network of trusted community-based organizations who know their communities best. Everything we do – from how we design creative to how we purchase media – is done with the intention to lead with the voices of local partners, making large societal issues feel local and personal.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
Shared Value Media (SVM) is looking for a Strategic Digital Marketing Coordinator to join our New York City office and support our paid search and social efforts. This individual should be passionate about working with local community partners to affect change. S/he/they has strong experience in managing Google Ads and paid social media campaigns, thinking strategically about targeting, analyzing campaign data, and feels comfortable wearing multiple hats and supporting across a number of clients and responsibilities.
In this job, a typical day would normally include a wide range of activities, potentially including: running and managing a paid social media campaign on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google Display and/or Search; setting up an end-to-end tracking process; monitoring website analytics; supporting a coalition of nonprofits with their mass emails or organic social outreach; writing copy; doing research; and potentially educating themselves on a new digital platform or tactic.
We are looking for a strategic thinker, who has experience with digital media and enjoys learning and working through new challenges. Ideally, this candidate is passionate about data-led outcomes, strives for more than impressions, likes, and shares, and gets genuinely excited when a campaign works and brings value to the people we are trying to engage.
SVM has more than doubled our growth in the past two years. We are hoping to find someone who is a hard worker, ambitious, and will learn and grow with us.
As a Strategic Digital Marketing Coordinator, your typical day might include:
- Actively managing and optimizing multiple paid social media and Google Ad campaigns
- Participating in client strategy meetings and internal brainstorming sessions to align on campaign design and supporting tactics
- Building a client report, recapping the analytics of a campaign and developing the data narrative
- Working with a coalition of community partners to launch organic outreach
- Collaborating with an SVM Account Manager to suggest campaign modifications, informed by your data analysis
- Developing capacity-building assets to build marketing proficiency among our partners
- Conducting research to address different client challenges
- Joining a webinar or informational session to become better informed or build capacity on a new platform or tactic
This job is probably a good fit if you can check off a majority of the following:
- You have 3+ years of relevant work experience
- You have strong familiarity and experience managing paid social media, Google Ads and Display campaigns
- You are proficient in Excel or Google Sheets and are comfortable manipulating spreadsheets
- You are a strategic thinker who enjoys collaboratively thinking through the most effective ways of achieving desired impact from client campaigns
- You have excellent organizational and prioritization skills and can track multiple project deliverables on condensed timelines
- You are a curious researcher that can independently problem-solve and connect the dots
- You take pride in your work, have a strong sense of accountability, and strive for outcomes (not just outputs or impressions)
- You have a team of former colleagues and/or employers who would happily vouch for your leadership, empathy, and team-oriented approach to the work
- You are passionate about making a positive impact in the world
- You share SVM’s belief that local communications delivered via trusted community leaders are the most effective way to inspire behavior change
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
At SVM, we believe that building a strong company starts with valuing and investing in our team. We offer a competitive salary, time to recharge, and opportunities for continuous learning.
Hourly Expectation: 40 hrs/week
- Remote work at least until January 2022
- A positive, supportive team with opportunities for growth and advancement
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- 1 week off between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- 9 paid federal holidays
- Flexible, family-friendly workplace
- Generous health benefits
- Opportunity for educational & professional development stipend
Shared Value Media is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, identity, expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.