A successful graphic design intern will provide support for marketing/communication initiatives within the University Advancement department at Sacred Heart University through a variety of channels including print, digital, website and social media platforms. Reporting to the Director of Advancement Communications and the Development and Alumni Engagement Coordinator, the graphic design intern will assist with the development and design of various graphics, logos, collateral event promotional materials and other creative tasks as assigned.
· Assist with resizing and reformatting graphics for social media, print and website purposes.
· Assist with edits/updates to collateral materials.
· Work in collaboration with the team on implementing new and creative ideas for marketing materials for events, fundraisers, and other university advancement initiatives.
· Assist with production and editing of photos for social media.
· Research design inspiration and/or templates that would coincide with the design task at hand.
· Assist in choosing photos found on the University online gallery that correspond with the specific design piece.
· Other projects as assigned.
· Must be a current undergraduate student studying graphic design.
· Access to the Adobe Creative Suite.
· Proficient in basic design programs including Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
· Ability to work independently and complete assigned tasks within tight deadlines.
· Dependable, organized and detail orientated with a fresh perspective on graphic design principals.
If interested in applying, please email resume to Alexa Brisson at email@example.com