SLR International Corporation is currently seeking a receptionist/administrative assistant to support our team in Cheshire, Connecticut. The receptionist will be the first person to greet visitors, so the candidate should be hospitable, enthusiastic, and friendly. The candidate will support a group of professionals at various levels and showcase their strong technical and customer service skills.
Our ideal candidate is a quick learner with a diverse skill set who demonstrates an excellent work ethic, is flexible and outgoing, has the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, and enjoys working in a team environment.
We offer a vibrant working environment, one that nurtures learning and professional growth through mentorship and daily collaboration as well as socialization. During your career at SLR, you will have the chance to interact with a multidisciplinary team of experienced engineers, landscape architects, planners, scientists, and other professional staff and learn about our specialty practices and projects and the consulting industry.
- Greet clients, visitors, and employees with quality customer service and professionalism
- Promptly and courteously answer and route incoming calls using a multiline telephone system
- Coordination of incoming and outgoing mail and deliveries
- Distribution of mail and flow of correspondence
- Provide administrative support, which will include typing memos, labels, spreadsheets, sending communications, etc.
- Respond to inquiries from the public
- Assist with company communications (i.e., creating and sending out flyers and notices for company events, managing events calendar in outlook, etc.)
- Maintain security by following company procedures and controlling access (sign in, visitor badges, etc.)
- Assist other departments on projects as needed
- Associates degree in business/office administration or a related field is desirable
- Two or more years of reception or administrative experience in a professional office environment
- Strong organizational, communicative, and customer service skills are required
- Technically savvy and proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced and deadline-driven work environment
- Excellent telephone etiquette
Personal Attributes and Traits
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Positive and friendly demeanor
- Strong written and verbal communication skills