We’re seeking a hard-working, detail-oriented and creative person interested in article writing for digital media. We publish an online lifestyle magazine with a range of topics from beauty, recipes, travel, fitness, health and a variety of other topics. Duties for this position include editing content, identifying stories, conducting interviews, and generating materials that support the magazine and social media. Interns will be assisting the editorial department in research and photography acquisition. For many of the articles, you will develop them based on research, press releases and what’s trending. This position works remotely.
Responsibilities and Duties:
· Interns will research and write articles and blogs on a variety of subjects for print and/or online publications.
· Promotion of blog articles through strategies and social media marketing.
· Assist the editorial department in photography acquisition.
· Blog Article Creation
Qualifications and Skills:
· Must be great with spelling and grammar, there should be minimal editing needed
· Creative and able to use descriptive writing
· Own a personal laptop
· Ability to follow step by step instructions and follow article formats
· Adhere to strict deadlines, must be able to produce first drafts and complete articles on time
· Great with self-management and able to complete projects remotely without needing to be in an office environment
· Understanding of our target market
· Excellent editing, writing, research, and communication skills
· Proficient writing
· Online research
· Meet deadlines
· Social media skills and basic understanding of SEO tactics
· Attention to detail
· Comfort with formal and conversational writing techniques
· Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
· Think conceptually and bring forward creative ideas.
· Edit blog posts, project narratives, proposals, and web content.
· Write creative copy in a consistent, compelling, and brand-appropriate voice throughout all marketing mediums.
· Be open and collaborative across offices and sectors.
· Manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
What will you do?
· Create and write a range of articles, social media, website and blogs.
· Create scripts for video content.
· Support specific brand initiatives.
Majors of Interest Journalism, Public Relations, English, Marketing, Business.
Part-Time (10-20 hours a week)
We offer a flexible schedule.
Number of positions available: 4
For consideration, send resume.