Sprague is passionate about delivering the diverse products and programs that warm, power and move the world. We keep homes warm through Northeastern winters and hospitals cool through summer. We help small businesses focus on serving their communities, and our renewable fuels keep our country’s infrastructure running. From importing wind energy components to deploying leading-edge solar technology to help power terminal facilities, we are committed to continually evolving to meet our customers’ changing energy needs.
The Financial Analyst is responsible for budget planning and execution, data analysis and forecasting for the Information Technology department. If you love forecasting, analyzing results, monitoring variances, reconciling and reporting on actual spend against plan, this job is for you. The Financial Analyst supports both operating expense processes and capital expense spending in collaboration with the finance department, and continuously identifies and drives savings efficiency opportunities. This is an in-office position, and therefore requires living within commuting distance of headquarters. Flexible Work policy is available after establishing proficiency in the role. Additional duties & responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepare and maintain annual budget and monthly forecasts and submit to the finance department
- Ongoing financial analysis of budget/forecast vs actuals
- Track and maintain IT related contracts and subscriptions and the supporting detailed expense schedules
~ Maintenance contracts
~ SaaS subscriptions
~ Consulting expenses
~ Data feeds
~ Other tasks as necessary
- Perform license and subscription optimization
- Provide support on capital expense projects
~ Project cost estimates
~ Budget creation and maintenance
~ Cost tracking
~ Invoice approval and support
~ Labor capitalization
~ Other tasks as necessary
- Create ROI analysis for both operational and capital expense items
- Provide analytical support through reporting and present findings, conclusions and recommendations
- Continuously identify and drive savings opportunities
- Special project work as required
- Other duties as assigned
We want to hear from you!
Do you like to solve problems and consider yourself forward thinking? If you are looking for a place to challenge yourself, then Sprague is your place. Sprague employees are dedicated and driven. We work best as a team, knowing that collaboration leads to innovation and the best customer experience. We are looking for hardworking colleagues to join us and help us stay at the forefront of the energy industry, which is where we’ve been for the last 150 years.
Qualified candidates for this role will have the following:
· Bachelor’s degree or minimum post-high school education of two years from a college/business school preferred
· Recent graduates considered (with related degree or otherwise demonstrated skills) but ideally 2-4 years’ experience in an analytical/finance position
· Strong data analytics skills
· Self-motivated, detail oriented and well-organized
· The ability to manage multiple projects with time sensitive deadlines
· Must be able to set assignment priorities and work independently with a minimum amount of direction
· Excellent written and verbal communication and decision-making skills
· Good at dealing with complexity, change, multitasking, etc.
· Must maintain confidentiality and protect the privacy of information
· Proficient computer skills using Microsoft Office software package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Who we are:
Sprague takes a collaborative, customer-centric approach to providing best-in-class energy products and related services throughout the Northeast. As a publicly-traded company (NYSE:SRLP) founded in 1870, we pride ourselves on offering customers the expert solutions and high-quality service that help their businesses thrive in any market landscape. Sprague values innovation, safety, integrity and people. We know that our people are what set us apart from our competition, and we work hard to make sure each employee across our 20+ locations knows how important they are to our community.
What we offer:
We recently surveyed our employees to ask them their favorite part of the job. They answered, “The people I work with.”
In addition to great coworkers, you’ll enjoy perks like medical benefits and retirement contributions that start on your first day. Sprague also provides tuition reimbursement for any employee that would like to further their education. Do you like to get involved where you work? Is giving back important to you? It’s important to us, too! Sprague donates back to the communities in which we live and work every year, and provides opportunities for employees to support the charity of the week. In addition, Sprague offers paid volunteer time to allow employees to support charities which are meaningful to them. Sprague has a range of committees to support varying initiatives (Sustainability, Charitable, Scholarship, FunForce, Innovation, etc.). Sprague is a place that cares about its employees, its community, and about creating a place where people want to come to work every day.
Plus we have some great benefits!
· 401(k) Traditional and Roth plans with employer match of 60% of the first 6% of the employee’s contribution
· Defined Contribution Plan with an automatic 5% contribution from Sprague
· Paid Volunteer Time
· Flexible Working Policy
· Choice of high deductible and PPO Health Plans to fit your individual needs
· Wellness Program
Sprague is an EEO/AA employer. We strongly encourage minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply.
As a federal contractor we adhere to OFCCP employment regulations. Click here for OFCCP compliance information