Staples is business to business. You’re what binds us together.
What you’ll be doing:
At Staples, you will have the opportunity to apply your UX design skills to multiple projects with a focus on creative problem solving. You’ll work closely with visual designers, researchers, product owners, developers, and others, working on projects that support Staples.com, Staples Business Advantage, and mobile web/applications.
Responsibilities will include:
- Participate in and at times facilitate user experience definition sessions that include leading cross functional team members through white boarding sessions and brainstorms.
- Identify key user-interaction requirements during white board sessions and/or competitive research.
- Help to identify important issues that may require further user research by collaborating with UX Research resources.
- Design solution deliverables include (but are not limited to): Sitemaps, architecture maps, user flows, thumbnail flows, flat and interactive wireframes/prototypes, ADA requirements, competitive benchmarks, audits and expert reviews.
- Balance multiple projects concurrently with a high degree of organization and execution.
- Promote and contribute to the establishment of interaction guidelines, best practices and standards.
- Present designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and product team stakeholders.
What you bring to the table:
- Passion, curiosity and a relentless drive to create innovative experiences for our customers
- An unrelenting belief in the power of design to transform businesses
- Deep understanding and commitment to agile design-driven processes
- Commitment and ability to design and define accessible web and mobile interfaces
- A sense of humor as well as a sense of urgency
What’s needed- Basic Qualifications:
- 2-4 years of professional experience designing for interactive online experiences, including web and mobile experience
- Proficiency in Axure, Figma, Sketch, Abstract or related tools
- A strong understanding of user experience design & design principles – information hierarchy
- Strong work portfolio that demonstrates logical and systematic design thinking as well as an understanding of UI/UX best practices
- Ability to manage time wisely across projects often with competing priorities, meet agreed upon deadlines, and be accountable for work
What’s needed- Nice to haves:
- Experience working with design systems & interaction patterns
- Familiarity with ADA (American Disability Acts)/Section 508 Compliance design
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Visual and animation design
- Experience with responsive design methods
- eCommerce experience preferred
- Inclusive culture with associate-led Business Resource Groups and resources such as the Social Justice Resource Center
- Flexible PTO (22 days) and Holiday Schedule (7 observed paid holidays), Online and Retail Discounts, Company Match 401(k), Physical and Mental Health Wellness programs, and more!