The Public Finance Analyst role is geared towards a recent college graduate (0-2 years’ experience) providing analytical and transaction support for Stifel’s Specialty Financial Products Desk. Responsibilities in the role include assisting with the underwriting of Tender Option Bond transactions, developing business proposals and presentations, providing general support to the initiatives of the senior manager, working on new trade and financing ideas, and responding to client requests. The Analyst will be client facing and report directly to senior executives. To succeed in this role, an ideal candidate must possess an innate interest in financial and capital markets, have a desire to learn basic programming and advanced modeling skills, and be an independent and driven learner who thrives in a team environment. On the job training will be done on-site in the suburban Philadelphia office on the Specialty Financial Products Desk. Analysts will have the opportunity to participate in junior banker training with colleagues from offices located throughout the nation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop and analyze financial models to support the marketing and execution of municipal structured transactions and alternate financing vehicles.
• Produce Ad-Hoc trading and macro analysis for Specialty Financial Products Desk.
• Create marketing and sales materials, attend client meetings, and act as a point of contact for the finance team throughout the financing process.
• Assist with the preparation and delivery of client pitch books proposals.
• Research industry and financial market trends, running data queries and analyzing such data.
• Prepare memorandums describing financing ideas and opportunities, and case studies on completed transactions.
• Interest in public sector and municipal finance.
• Must be willing to work out of the Conshohocken, PA office
• Strong quantitative / analytical skills
• Ability to multi-task, work independently and collaborate in teams.
• Knowledge, or ability to learn, web-based applications, and specialized information systems, including EMMA, Bloomberg, TM3.
• Knowledge of finance and accounting principles.
• Ability to prepare and deliver clear, effective and professional presentations.
• Competence in clearly and effectively communicating in both oral and written formats.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or a related field required
•0 to 2 years’ related experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access ,VBA.
Background highly desired
• Series 7, 50, or 63, or ability to obtain within 3 months from date of hire