At Stout, we’re dedicated to exceeding expectations in all we do – we call it Relentless Excellence(SM). Both our client service and culture are second to none, stemming from our firmwide embrace of our core values: Positive and Team-Oriented, Accountable, Committed, Relationship-Focused, Super-Responsive, and being Great communicators. Sound like a place you can grow and succeed? Read on to learn more about an exciting opportunity to join our team.
General Purpose: In recent years, with the rapid development of derivatives markets and innovative financial products, our corporate clients utilize them ever more extensively to hedge risks, manage their capital structure and cash flow, compensate employees, and participate in capital markets transactions. Given this increasing complexity, accounting regulations place a significant emphasis on fair value measurements of these instruments to help investors understand and manage their risk.
Stout’s Complex Securities & Financial Instruments team provides analysis and valuation related to complex securities and other financial instruments for financial reporting, tax and regulatory compliance, risk management and hedging assessments, transaction support and corporate strategy.
We use reliable valuation methodologies coupled with sophisticated techniques from quantitative finance to assist clients in understanding and valuing financial derivatives and other complex securities. We work on a wide variety of projects, giving team members the opportunity to gain exposure to a broad range of securities and situations. In addition, we provide the opportunity to everyone on the team to be able to have client facing meetings, where they get to explain the approach used and the key value drivers to our clients.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop valuation models to value a variety of financial instruments using option pricing theory, interest rate and credit models, Monte Carlo simulation, binomial trees, contingent claims analysis, and other financial engineering techniques.
- Ability to multi-task and communicate effectively with colleagues and clients in consultative settings.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with colleagues and clients; identify and address client needs; and deliver clear requests for information.
- Prepare reports that communicate findings and recommendations to our clients concisely and effectively.
- Take ownership of projects, while working collaboratively with other team members.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong derivative and financial modeling skills with the ability to create valuation and financial models based on a description of a financial asset, an agreement, or an operational and financial business plan.
- Knowledge of numerical techniques such as Monte Carlo simulation, lattice techniques, and finite difference methods.
- Strong quantitative and problem solving skills.
- Programming experience in languages such as R, VBA, Python.
- Knowledge of Bloomberg analytics and S&P CapIQ preferred.
- General understanding of the valuation methodologies used in financial markets preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented and collaborative work environment that is deadline and budget oriented.
- Excellent multi-tasking, planning and organization skills, along with strong attention to detail.
- Significant interest in understanding and enhancing your knowledge of financial markets and investments.
- Ability to communicate technical, financial, and modeling concepts in a manner that is easily understand to clients and staff.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
Our goal is to provide a comprehensive Total Rewards program that includes competitive compensation, benefits & wellness programs that allows employees to choose what’s most important to them at any life stage. At Stout, we are committed to the personal and professional development of our employees while fostering a diverse and inclusive environment.
Stout Culture: We honor the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals. We are committed to representing and including the unique experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds of our people, partners, and the communities we serve. Our core values embrace a culture of inclusion and the equitable treatment of all team members, starting with Stout’s leadership and spreading across the organization. We strive to recruit, develop, and retain individuals with an array of talents, ideas, and experiences that propel the entrepreneurial spirit and exceptionalism that drive our success. To learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, click here.
Professional Development: To foster employee development we offer ongoing training and learning opportunities, employee resources groups, mentorship programming, reimburse professional designations and organization memberships, and provide ongoing 360 feedback and quarterly performance check-in’s.
Stout Benefits : Stout offers a variety of benefits to meet the ever-changing needs of our employees throughout their career at Stout. View our Benefits page to see what this can look like for you.
Flexible Work Schedules: Work-life balance is important to us and we want our employees to have balanced lives, which is why we have a discretionary time off policy for all salaried exempt employees. This gives you the ability to take time off as appropriate.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job.
Stout is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of valid job requirements, qualifications and merit without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Stout values a diverse workforce and strongly encourages women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ communities, veterans, people with disabilities and members of other underrepresented communities to apply.
Interested in joining a rapidly growing group of bright, ambitious professionals in a work environment that values culture, diversity, and personal growth? Stout might just be the right place for you.