At Stout, we’re dedicated to exceeding expectations in all we do – we call it Relentless Excellence(SM). Both our client service and culture are second to none, stemming from our firmwide embrace of our core values: Positive and Team-Oriented, Accountable, Committed, Relationship-Focused, Super-Responsive, and being Great communicators. Sound like a place you can grow and succeed? Read on to learn more about an exciting opportunity to join our team.
Analysts in the Disputes, Compliance, & Investigations group work primarily as financial consultants on engagements within a litigation setting. Common engagements include: forensic accounting, fraud investigations, valuation, shareholder disputes, intellectual property disputes, employment disputes, and quantification of commercial damages.
At Stout, you are engaged in real work right away.
As an Analyst, a typical day might include the following:
- Developing and reviewing economic damage models in the context of various types of legal disputes;
- Reviewing, organizing, and analyzing project documents and information, such as financial statements and data, deposition transcripts and exhibits, legal briefs and court filings, copies of email communications and other business records produced by the parties to a dispute;
- Performing industry, company, or technical research;
- Reviewing opposing expert reports and identifying any flaws contained within;
- Attending meetings and client calls;
- Preparing information requests and quality control checks; and
- Assisting in business development activities, such as writing proposals and professional articles.
- The Analyst will be part of a firm where the culture and exceptional client service is inspired from leadership down.
- Analysts have significant opportunities for growth and advancement across Stout’s practice groups and offices. Analysts also interact with senior level professionals and clients on a regular basis.
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related discipline
- Strong academic record
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Relevant internship experience
- Strong analytical, verbal, technical and written skills
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be eligible to work in the US, without employer sponsorship, at the time of hire and in the future.
Our goal is to provide a comprehensive Total Rewards program that includes competitive compensation, benefits & wellness programs that allows employees to choose what’s most important to them at any life stage. At Stout, we are committed to the personal and professional development of our employees while fostering a diverse and inclusive environment.
Stout Culture: We honor the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals. We are committed to representing and including the unique experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds of our people, partners, and the communities we serve. Our core values embrace a culture of inclusion and the equitable treatment of all team members, starting with Stout’s leadership and spreading across the organization. We strive to recruit, develop, and retain individuals with an array of talents, ideas, and experiences that propel the entrepreneurial spirit and exceptionalism that drive our success. To learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, click here.
Professional Development: To foster employee development we offer ongoing training and learning opportunities, employee resources groups, mentorship programming, reimburse professional designations and organization memberships, and provide ongoing 360 feedback and quarterly performance check-in’s.
Stout Benefits : Stout offers a variety of benefits to meet the ever-changing needs of our employees throughout their career at Stout. View our Benefits page to see what this can look like for you.
Flexible Work Schedules: Work-life balance is important to us and we want our employees to have balanced lives, which is why we have a discretionary time off policy for all salaried exempt employees. This gives you the ability to take time off as appropriate.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job.
Stout is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of valid job requirements, qualifications and merit without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Stout values a diverse workforce and strongly encourages women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ communities, veterans, people with disabilities and members of other underrepresented communities to apply.
Interested in joining a rapidly growing group of bright, ambitious professionals in a work environment that values culture, diversity, and personal growth? Stout might just be the right place for you.