About the Bank:
Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank, Limited was established through the merger of The Sumitomo Trust and Banking Co., Ltd with Chuo Mitsui Trust and Banking, Ltd. on April 1, 2012. We are one of the largest asset managers in Japan, with AUM of more than $500 Billion USD. The Bank provides an assortment of financial solutions and manages a broad spectrum of financial products across its global branches.
The Americas Division (“AD”) was established in the Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank, Limited, New York Branch) (“SMTBNY”) to perform corporate functions and supervise U.S. entities. Established under the AD are the “Global Banking Unit (“GBU”), Americas Division” and “Global Markets Unit (“GMU”), Americas Division” which performs business functions. The Business Development Department (“BDD”) works in conjunction with all departments in NY Branch and affiliates regarding non-credit business development. We enhance relationships with clients including asset managers, sponsors and financial institutions in order to explore new business opportunities.
Prepares pitch books/customized presentation materials. Creates various activity reports including meeting notes, spreadsheets, internal memos, industry research. Facilitates meetings, assists marketing efforts to targeted clients and supports monitoring USD funding portfolio.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates customized presentation for external clients, updates branch wide presentation material periodically.
- Participates in conference calls and meetings and prepares meeting notes and assists in summary creation including bios and company research.
- Supports corresponding to various external counterparties including the banks financial information.
- Maintains corresponding banks’ financial information and headline news.
- Monitors and analyzes business activities, and USD funding transactions.
- Maintains USD funding records, generating various reports to management or any other relevant parties required.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Marketing or Economics or equivalent.
- Excellent written and verbal business communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, Access.
- Related experience with a financial institution.
- Knowledge of U.S. fixed income products and markets including structured products (CLO), leveraged loans and high yield bonds.