Communications Interns will learn how to develop and implement social media campaigns; draft media advisories, press releases, and newsletters; how to conduct press conferences; and how to make communications updates to the S.T.O.P. website using content management systems
- Current enrollment in (or recent graduation from) an undergraduate or graduate program.
- Strong research and writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and phone skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and major research databases.
- Clear passion for civil rights, privacy, or related technical fields.
- Preferred (not required): relevant coursework and/or prior communications or graphic design work.
- Preferred (not required): minimum availability of 10 hours a week (Fall/Spring Semesters) or 20 hours a week (Summer Semester). Full time placements are always available.
To apply, please email a copy of your cover letter, CV, transcript, writing sample, and our DEI Questionnaire (combined as a single PDF document) to jobs [at] stopspying.org using subject: “Communications Intern”.
At this time, internship positions are unpaid and available for outside funding and college credit only. We are currently working towards a paid internship program for the future.