Nonprofit Development Interns will learn the ins and outs of fundraising through hands-on assignments in nonprofit development and grants management. Interns will benefit from hands-on coaching on grant writing, donor prospecting, solicitation, and strategic planning. Interns will hone their writing skills by drafting reports detailing S.T.O.P. recent accomplishments and planned growths.
- Current enrollment in (or recent graduation from) an undergraduate or graduate program.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and grants research databases
- Stellar research and writing skills
- Detail-oriented and/or great attention to detail
- Clear passion for civil rights, privacy, or related technical fields.
- Preferred (not required): relevant coursework and/or prior development, fundraising, or grant writing experience.
- Preferred (not required): minimum availability of 10 hours a week (Fall/Spring Semesters) or 20 hours a week (Summer Semester). Full time placements are always available.
To apply, please email a copy of your cover letter, CV, transcript, writing sample, and our DEI Questionnaire (combined as a single PDF) to jobs [at] stopspying.org using subject: “Development Intern”.
At this time, internship positions are unpaid and available for outside funding and college credit only. We are currently working towards a paid internship program for the future.