T. Marzetti Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of Lancaster Colony Corporation (NASDAQ: LANC), is a manufacturer and marketer of specialty food products for the retail and foodservice markets. Our retail brands include Marzetti®, New York Bakery™, Sister Schubert’s®, Reames®, Flatout®, Angelic Bakehouse®, and Bantam Bagels®, in addition to exclusive license agreements for Olive Garden® dressings, Chick-fil-A® sauces and Buffalo Wild Wings® sauces. Our foodservice business supplies many of the top restaurant chains in the United States.
At T. Marzetti, our mission is to be The Better Food Company: Better people, that make better products, in a better corporate culture, that work in unison to make the world a better place. Led by our purpose, To Nourish Growth with All that We Do, our more than 3,000 team members are dedicated to innovative and quality products as well as superior service and value for our customers.
The Internal Audit function at LCC is meant to provide an independent review and evaluation of the system of internal control and to provide reasonable assurance regarding the: 1) reliability and integrity of financial and operational information, 2) effectiveness and efficiency of operations, 3) safeguarding of assets, and 4) in cooperation with General Counsel, compliance with laws, regulations, policies, and procedures. Internal Audit is also meant to add value and improve the organization’s operations through advisory services by providing insights on such issues as organization, process, and systems design.
The Internal Audit Senior is responsible for planning and executing Sarbanes-Oxley, compliance, and operational audits for Lancaster Colony Corporation and its wholly owned subsidiaries.
- Audit financial and operational processes
- Analyze data to find discrepancies
- Write conclusions on effectiveness of audit
- Produce audit reports
- Work with Management to develop effective action plans
- Collaborate with team members
- Interact and effectively communicate with cross functional business partners
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, or related field required.
- Years of experience: 3-5
- Minimum of 2 years of auditing experience, including staff supervision.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) preferred.
- Experience in public accounting (preferably Big 4) preferred.
- Experience at a U.S. Public company preferred.
- Experience in:
- Requirements of publicly held companies (SOX, COSO, ICFR, SEC, etc.)
- SAP ERP environments
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to develop and maintain relationships and manage / influence peers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly motivated individual and self-starter with the strong project management skills to oversee multiple activities concurrently.
Typically, works in a normal office environment where the employee is regularly required to speak, see, hear, sit, stand, talk, type, walk and bend while moving about the facility. The noise level in the office is quiet. Travel may be required ~10% or less. At times, remote work may also be required.
Cultivate Your Career
At T. Marzetti, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect for everyone. We strongly encourage veterans, women, people of color, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ individuals to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, we will consider all qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.