Are you an innovative managing editor? Are you looking to bring your skills to a team with content relied upon by the world’s leading companies? Look no further – this job is it!
Founded in 1916, The Conference Board is the member-driven think tank that delivers trusted insights for what’s ahead. Our mission is simple: To help leaders navigate the biggest issues impacting business and better serve society.
The Managing Editor will be joining The Conference Board at an exciting time, as we prepare for the launch of our newly designed website. Your creativity, skills and experience will help us deliver on our mission, build our prominence — and take us to the next level in our serving our members.
This is your chance to play a pivotal role in growing our organization (and your career). Apply today!
- Lead and manage team, including writers, editors, freelancers, and Creative Director.
- Provide editorial guidance to ensure content is developed to serve our members and elevate our brand—from project inception through publication across the organization.
- Work with the various subject matter experts and business unit leaders to coordinate the content calendar optimizing what is produced to best serve our members and support the organization’s mission.
- Lead efforts to ensure all content published to the web is optimized and tagged for search engine indexing and discovery.
- Manage and optimize editorial workflow and project management to ensure all phases of the content lifecycle are handled in a timely and efficient manner including daily editorial processes.
- Ensure adherence to brand and editorial style standards for all content.
- Analyze and report on the status and the results achieved including content audit, web traffic and engagement.
- Deliver other editorial services, as assigned/requested.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, communications, or relevant field.
- 5-7 years successful experience as an Editorial Director or similar role.
- Excellent writing and editing skills including a proven ability to create compelling copy for various audiences in a variety of formats from long research reports to short pieces.
- Conceptual understanding of techniques for displaying raw data in charts and infographics.
- Knowledge of SEO best practices and tools.
- Experience in content classification, hierarchies, and tagging.
- Self-directed, detail oriented, good project and people management skills, ability to manage multiple priorities and projects and deliver on time and on budget.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Working knowledge and experience with content management systems, Word, PowerPoint, InDesign, and html a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.