Handles the preparation and mailing of required IRS Form 5500 and applicable schedules and/or annual and mid-year compliance tests for an assigned caseload.
Compliance testing functions:
- Analyze and research census data provided by the client in preparation for compliance testing.
- Determine appropriate tests needed per plan based on specific plan provisions.
- Perform compliance testing (ADP/ACP, 401(a)(4), 410(b), Benefits, Rights & Features, Top Heavy), calculations of employer match and nonelective contributions, and applicable refunds. Monitor 402(g) and 415 limits and handle corrective measures.
- Resolve plan operational errors discovered during test processes.
- Review plan documents and understand the impact to the functions performed.
- Under applicable guidance, assist clients with 5500 processes and/or compliance testing and overall compliance with the plans.
- Evaluate alternative solutions and consult with other team members/manage for resolution.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or business, or equivalent work experience.
- Analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize work within assigned caseload.
- Proficiency using MS Office.
- Remote / Office environment.
Why Work for Us
Total Rewards at Transamerica: It’s more than a paycheck.
Our comprehensive Total Rewards package is designed to help support you in many ways — throughout all stages of your life and career. We provide a competitive, market-driven program that encompasses base compensation, bonus potential, retirement, health and wellness benefits, learning and development opportunities, plus great employee perks. All designed with you in mind… to help you live your best life, grow personally and professionally – and feel valued for the work you do.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Transamerica Life Insurance Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws.
Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require assistance to apply for one of our jobs.