Willing to Possibly Pay for Relocation
JOB TITLE: Development & Communications Specialist
REPORTS TO: Associate Director, Development Operations
HOURS: Full-time 40 hours
LOCATION: Malden, MA
Through support, challenge, and opportunity, Triangle, Inc. empowers people with disabilities and their families to enjoy rich, fulfilling lives. The organization is committed to helping the world realize that we are all people with ability.
The development department is tasked with raising operating revenue, engaging community partners and donors, and creating high-quality, branded materials on behalf of the entire organization. The department also carries out the development, planning, and execution of high-profile fundraising events.
Reporting to the Associate Director, Development Operations, the Development & Communications Specialist will be responsible for writing outward-facing communications, including Triangle, Inc.’s website, blog, informational flyers, and press releases, while also assisting in the creation of grant proposals for existing Triangle programs. Additionally, the specialist will be responsible for a range of duties in support of the development team and the organization as a whole and will be expected to develop and implement new procedures to ensure that the organization is being represented appropriately and equitably to the public across all channels.
We encourage candidates with transferable skill sets to consider this as an ideal opportunity to enter the communications, fundraising, and external affairs fields at a 50-year-old human services non-profit. A candidate who thrives in this role will have ample opportunity to grow within the organization with demonstrated successes and accomplishment.
Beginning in the Fall of 2021, Triangle will offer the ability to work remotely for up to three days per week subject to the ability to comply with productivity requirements and to adhere to core business hours. The onsite location for this position will be at Triangle, Inc.’s Workforce Development and Testing Center offices, which are conveniently located a few blocks from the Orange Line in Downtown Malden.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Communications and Digital Communications – 50%
· Create timely written pieces such as website content, blog posts, social media posts, annual report information, email newsletters, written letter campaigns, and fundraising event materials) in coordination with departmental/program leadership team
· Create, maintain, and update the content for all outward-facing marketing materials, including flyers and one-pagers
· Create and coordinate bi-weekly emails to Triangle community using Constant Contact
· Assist other departments by coordinating e-newsletters and informational emails using Constant Contact
· Manage relationship with Triangle’s public relations team (a contracted-firm outside of the organization) in order to produce timely and appropriate media pieces
· Serve as back up to the Communication and Design Specialist for general social media duties, including scheduling posts, monitoring ongoing activity, and reacting to questions/tags/mentions promptly and appropriately, to ensure coverage
· Assist development team in ensuring that all information on Triangle, Inc.’s website is up-to-date by overseeing a regularly scheduled maintenance calendar and reacting to any urgent update needs
· Work as part of the team to mitigate any form of bias and ensures that all written and visual materials reflect, promote, and embraces the current and growing diversity, equity, and inclusion of the organization and the people/communities that it serves
Prospect Research, Funding Proposals, and Grant Management – 25%
· Will maintain grant proposal and report deadline schedule and all grant revenue tracking documents on a weekly basis in partnership with the Chief Development Officer and department leadership
· Create low-level grant proposals for existing grant-funded programs with the opportunity to take on more grant writing responsibility after establishing a nuanced understanding of Triangle programs.
· Create and submit applications for corporate sponsorships for Triangle fundraising events
· Responsible for corporate and foundation prospect research to find viable prospects that are aligned with the organization’s internal strategic funding goals (i.e. grants, charitable requests)
· Gather information for all of the organization’s online organization profiles, such as GuideStar, to ensure up-to-date and accurate public-facing metrics
Development Operations- 25%
· Assist the Communication and Design Specialist in obtaining and tracking image consents from program participants to ensure compliance standards with all funding and program partners
· Assist development team members with event preparation, set up, and coverage, including two large fundraising events and at least three smaller community engagement events
· Assist development team members with production of annual fundraising mailings and annual report
· Assist development team members with timely gift processing by entering relevant data into Triangle, Inc.’s donor database (currently Neon) and acknowledgement letters
· Associates degree, BA/BS, or equivalent work experience (see next qualification)
· Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in communications, administrative, fundraising, external affairs, and/or digital media fields – or the ability to demonstrate transferable skills from other professional/education experiences
· Experience incorporating and ensuring that diversity, equity, and inclusion and are reflected and well-presented in written and visual content, and reviewing for potential bias
· Models ideal customer service and high moral standards when interacting with colleagues and with Triangle, Inc.’s many constituencies, including clients and participants
· Desire to be a dedicated member of a hardworking team striving to meet Triangle, Inc.’s mission every day
· Familiarity with donor database/CRM platforms preferred
· Must be system- and detail-oriented as part of a team that is tasked with communicating complex messages to the organization’s key stakeholder groups
· Flexible and efficient time management skills
· Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
· Excellent computer skills, including all Microsoft Office programs and Google Suite
· Familiarity with website management platforms such as WordPress or similar systems (Squarespace or Wix)
· Familiarity with email marketing platforms such as Constant Contact or similar systems (Mail Chimp)
· Ability to verbally communicate
· Ability to read, analyze, interpret, and write documents
· Ability to respond and navigate common inquiries or complaints from regulatory agencies or family members