The deCordova Sculpture Park and Museum is seeking a Collections Intern with collections-related projects. The Collections Intern will engage with a variety of tasks and gain practical hands-on experience and invaluable insight into the many different and exciting aspects of working in a contemporary art museum and sculpture park. The Collections Intern will assist the Registrar in general day-to-day collections management duties and special projects to ensure the preservation and safety of the collections for future generations.
These tasks may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Condition reporting objects.
- Updating object records in the collections database system.
- Creating image files in Lightroom.
- Monitoring environmental dataloggers.
- Organizing and re-housing object and loan files.
- Inventorying photography collection.
- Other collections-related projects as assigned.
Qualifications and Availability:
- Upper-level undergraduate or graduate student with coursework in museum studies or a related field. Also open to non-students.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, or multi-task on various projects.
- Computer skills: proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Ability to perform tasks in a professional manner with discretion when working with confidential files.
- Minimum of 20 hours per week Monday-Friday for an agreed duration of the internship, which typically lasts three-four months.
- Access to a car as public transportation does not service the museum.
- Prior museum or gallery experience is a plus, but not required.
Email cover letter and resume with three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about deCordova please visit: https://thetrustees.org/place/decordova. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.