U.S. News & World Report is a multifaceted digital media company dedicated to helping citizens, consumers, business leaders and policy officials make important decisions in their lives. We publish independent reporting, rankings, data journalism and advice that has earned the trust of our readers and users for nearly 90 years. Our platforms on usnews.com include Education, Health, Money, Travel, Cars, News and 360 Reviews.
We reach more than 40 million people monthly during moments when they are most in need of expert advice and motivated to act on that advice directly on our platforms. Our signature franchises include our “Best” series of consumer guides on colleges, graduate schools, hospitals, diets, cars, financial services and more. These guides provide an easy-to-digest list for consumers to better understand and compare when making their decisions. We continue to publish annual guides of the authoritative Best Colleges and Best Hospitals rankings on our website and in print. And our U.S. News Live flagship conferences highlight important national conversations including Healthcare of Tomorrow and Healthiest Communities.
Your role in helping us shape the future:
U.S. News empowers everyone to thrive. As Audience Outreach Analyst you will work closely with product and sales to craft initiatives and develop distribution strategies that will extend the reach and amplify our K-12 products and services.
This position will be the first within the organization to focus primarily on generating User Generated Content and requires an entrepreneurial and highly creative mindset. A digital native, this individual will need to find educators, students and alumni where they are and help them navigate within the U.S. News ecosystem. In this role it will be imperative to face rejection with grace, engage in continuous learning, and find new and alternative strategies that produce results.
The Audience Outreach Analyst must come prepared to communicate with individuals at all levels through various mediums, including by email, phone, in-person, and through social media.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Develop a K-12 alumni association contact directory
- Reach out to K-12 alumni, school heads and enrollment professionals
- Create compelling email, telephone and alternative communication scripts
- Keep up-to-date records of success and failure
You should definitely have:
- 1-2 year of experience in sales, public relations or communications or a related field
- Ability to clearly communicate in various mediums
- Experience in managing multiple projects and deadlines
- An entrepreneurial mindset
- A can do attitude
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Track record of meeting and exceeding metrics
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience performing successful product demonstrations
- Very strong communication and engagement skills
It would be nice if you had:
- Experience working at a start-up
- Experience inside the Education marketplace
- CRM experience
What it’s like to work with us:
- Talent is our best asset!
- We invest in people with passion and potential who understand U.S. News’ dedication to our consumers.
- Entrepreneurial, mission-driven culture with core values of quality and integrity
- Focus on fostering personal and professional growth
- Competitive benefits including paid vacation time, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Collaborative Work Environment ~ Fun, diverse, inclusive and ambitious co-workers
Other Job Info:
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.