U.S. News & World Report is a multifaceted digital media company dedicated to helping citizens, consumers, business leaders and policy officials make important decisions in their lives. We publish independent reporting, rankings, data journalism and advice that has earned the trust of our readers and users for nearly 90 years. Our platforms on usnews.com include Education, Health, Money, Travel, Cars, News and 360 Reviews.
We reach more than 40 million people monthly during moments when they are most in need of expert advice and motivated to act on that advice directly on our platforms. Our signature franchises include our “Best” series of consumer guides on colleges, graduate schools, hospitals, diets, cars, financial services and more. These guides provide an easy-to-digest list for consumers to better understand and compare when making their decisions. We continue to publish annual guides of the authoritative Best Colleges and Best Hospitals rankings on our website and in print. And our U.S. News Live flagship conferences highlight important national conversations including Healthcare of Tomorrow and Healthiest Communities.
Your role in helping us shape the future:
- U.S. News is looking for an Email Marketing Specialist to help us grow and engage our expanding registered user base. We’re looking for a creative, data-driven person with a proven track record of executing campaigns that drive registrations, engagement and retention.
- You’ll work with design, product and content teams to plan, write, implement and measure campaigns. You’ll also work with our editorial and product teams to monitor and optimize the performance of our newsletter products.
- This is a collaborative role, working across U.S. News teams including Education, News, Money, Health, Travel and Autos.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Develop and implement email campaigns, including onboarding, re-engagement, and promotions for high-value products and features.
- Work directly with our design team to create email templates, overlays, and on site promotions of newsletters.
- Report on performance and champion email best practices to increase open rates, traffic, and conversions.
- Execute A/B tests to glean learnings and improve outcomes.
- Develop expertise in our marketing technology platforms and provide support for email requests from colleagues across the company.
- Manage email lists, ensuring lists are cleaned regularly and developing targeted segments to deliver personalized email campaigns.
- Monitor, analyze and report on email campaigns, working with stakeholders to optimize performance.
- Stay on top of trends and best practices for email marketing, and evangelize them across the company.
You should definitely have:
- 2 – 3+ years in a data-driven email marketing role
- Direct experience with email campaign implementation and performance analysis
- Excellent written communication and copywriting skills
- Experience planning and implementing A/B tests that provide actionable insights
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks across multiple projects and initiatives
- Attention to detail and a proven-track record of producing high-quality deliverables
- Experience working with an ESP (preferably Sailthru), including personalization, automation and triggered messages
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS
What it’s like to work with us:
- Talent is our best asset!
- We invest in people with passion and potential who understand U.S. News’ dedication to our consumers.
- Entrepreneurial, mission-driven culture with core values of quality and integrity
- Focus on fostering personal and professional growth
- Competitive benefits including paid vacation time, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Collaborative Work Environment ~ Fun, diverse, inclusive and ambitious co-workers