Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Performs a variety of phlebotomy procedures and/or patient point-of-care testing in support of the clinical activities in the Healthcare System.
1. Consults/confers with healthcare providers/patients regarding patient care as it relates to phlebotomy service issues.
2. Ensures quality and accuracy of work.
3. Investigates problems with equipment, patient results, specimens and/or workflow.
4. May participate on teams or perform special projects/assignments.
5. May perform teaching and training of new employees, phlebotomy students and/or other healthcare providers.
6. May review test results to ensure accuracy of reporting and timely correction of errors or report results to healthcare providers.
7. Performs phlebotomy procedures, quality control and equipment maintenance in the appropriate laboratory.
8. Responsible for and/or ensures completion of daily work and assigned tasks. Monitors daily operation of laboratory work area.
- High School diploma or GED.
- No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
- If high school diploma, one (1) year of phlebotomy experience required
- If graduation from a phlebotomy program, no previous experience is required.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Caldwell Memorial Hospital
Organization Unit: Lab Clinical
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 36.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Lenoir
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No