This Specialist, Talent Recruitment (Leadership), is responsible for leading and executing selection work for Uncommon’s school operations and instructional leadership positions, including Principals, Directors of Operations, Deans of Curriculum and Instruction, Deans of Students, and Leader Fellowships. The recruiter will ensure a strong candidate and hiring manager experience by managing candidate and hiring manager communications and relationships. The individual will also support senior school leadership selection, including Associate Chief Operating Officers and Assistant Superintendents. As a Specialist, you will:
- Manage candidate relationships from initial recruitment to offer, and enthusiastically communicate the benefits of working at Uncommon Schools.
- Partner with the Director and hiring managers to facilitate and coordinate hiring kick-off conversations, outreach/selection check-ins, interviews (in-person and virtual), and interview debriefs.
- Identify and act on opportunities to improve recruitment practices across leadership hiring, focusing on equity in selection processes and efficiency.
- Collaborate with the Leadership Outreach Team partner to brainstorm effective strategies for attracting quality candidates to Uncommon; support Outreach events as needed (career fairs, webinars, etc.).
- Collaborate with the Selection Team to strengthen our hiring systems/processes and support hiring across Uncommon as needed.
- Assess all candidates via application review and screening to identify and cultivate strong candidates whose experience aligns with the role’s needs and our schools.
- Ensure accurate data in all recruitment systems; analyze data to identify and address trends in real-time and refine outreach and selection strategies as needed.
- Support the Director with leading organization-wide initiatives to recruit, develop, and retain strong leaders of color at Uncommon.
- Passionate dedication to the mission of Uncommon Schools and investment in our vision as an anti-racist organization.
- Commitment to building a high-quality, diverse workforce at Uncommon to better serve our students, families, and communities.
- Excellent organization, time management, and follow-through.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully handle multiple projects concurrently; ability to work independently and lead projects from start to finish.
- Outstanding problem-solving and critical thinking skills and ability to use data to drive decision-making.
- Ability to learn quickly, take initiative, and incorporate feedback in a dynamic and results-oriented environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills particularly when communicating with senior leaders.
- Ability to develop systems that achieve efficiency.
- Ability to inspire top talent to join Uncommon Schools as school leaders.
Uncommon Schools offer salaries commensurate with experience and generous benefits and vacation package. All staff members receive extensive professional development, a laptop computer, and all necessary supplies.
Uncommon believes in the importance of being a diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization that enables our students and staff to thrive. We are committed to building a hardworking team that reflects the diverse backgrounds and experiences of our students. At the same time, we work to ensure an inclusive community by creating a space for meaningful dialogue about issues of race and identity for our staff and students. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.