The Talent Outreach Recruiter will conduct searches to source diverse, high-quality candidates for our Central Office and Regional teams across New York, New Jersey, and Massachusetts. You will:
- Manage candidate relationships from the initial point of contact to application completion.
- Partner with hiring managers to develop ideal candidate profiles to drive recruitment strategies
- Identify, develop, and maintain relationships with organizations to develop talent pipelines to our Home Office teams and schools.
- Use recruitment tools (SmartRecruiters ATS, SmartCRM, LinkedIn Recruiter, Indeed, Handshake, and Tableau, etc.) to source talent.
- Write creative and compelling communications to promote career opportunities to target audiences and move external resources to action.
- Develop and implement recruitment events and initiatives at graduate schools, certificate programs, and social impact organizations.
- Strengthen communication and relationships with Home Office Hiring Managers and Selection Recruiters to assess short and long-term talent needs and trends.
- Build and facilitate professional learning sessions to develop strong hiring managers
- Research sourcing platforms and advertising mediums for job postings
- Use data to adjust outreach strategies, support recommendations, and drive decisions.
- Travel to
- Due to COVID-19, recruitment travel is currently suspended, but long-term, this role will involve travel
- Perform other related duties as needed.
- You enjoy finding the most compelling way to communicate to candidates, hiring managers, and colleagues.
- You like building systems and collaborating to make a hire:
- monitor and evaluate strategies, data, and projects to ensure you are on track to meeting short- and long-term goals
- quickly process and synthesize multiple perspectives to develop solutions in real-time
- collect and apply input from managers or team members to achieve strong results
- You can successfully manage multiple tasks and responsibilities involved in hiring for a variety of roles at multiple levels that span various functions
- You enjoy learning through experience and feedback, taking initiative to make improvements or solve problems, and can learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
Uncommon Schools offer salaries commensurate with experience and generous benefits and vacation package. All staff members receive extensive professional development, a laptop computer, and all necessary supplies.
Uncommon believes in the importance of being a diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization that enables our students and staff to thrive. We are committed to building a hardworking team that reflects the diverse backgrounds and experiences of our students. At the same time, we work to ensure an inclusive community by creating a space for meaningful dialogue about issues of race and identity for our staff and students. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.