We have a Unique opportunity for an early career level professional interested in expanding their skill-set to become part of our Commercial Banking team. This position reports directly to our Director of C& I Lending and will work closely with other teams across the bank. We’re looking for someone who believes in the mission of a community bank, who is excited to learn, holds themselves and their co-workers to impeccable standards and thrives in an environment where you’ll be rolling up your sleeves and working along-side each other every day. You’re an individual who possesses strong relationship skills, enjoys challenges and is looking for an opportunity to be part of and support an exceptional team.
The Commercial Banking Assistant (CBA) performs administrative duties to support commercial loan, cash management and credit department functions. The CBA assists the Commercial Loan Officers and Cash Management Officer in processing and servicing their commercial clients. The CBA will also interact frequently with commercial customers through phone and e-mail.
- Processes various letters, reports and memos, and composes routine correspondence using a variety of software programs.
- Assists in the initial underwriting of commercial loans by obtaining and reviewing financial statements, credit bureau reports, business reports, legal searches, internal credit and depository histories.
- Works closely with loan operations to ensure that requests for in-house loan documents are accurate and timely, post-closing loan documents are submitted for closing and funding in a timely manner and assist on servicing issues by working in conjunction with loan servicing as needed.
- Attends loan closings as required and assumes increasing responsibilities in that process (example – closing smaller loans).
- Forwards correspondence to attorneys with regard to pending and closing loans.
- Maintains a system for monitoring and ensuring that time sensitive documentation adheres to bank policy and applicable law.
- Assists customers with the administration of their commercial banking relationship (example – payment/balance questions, line of credit transfers, etc.).
- Works closely with the cash management team providing customer service for clients relating to bank, accounts and cash management services.
- Works closely with the commercial credit department providing information on behalf of loan officers and loading commercial credits for approval into the credit quest loan system.
- Creates commercial credit files for new customers, maintain and file pertinent information for existing customer credit files.
- Tracks and monitors timely receipt of customer financial information on an ongoing basis.
- Keeps abreast of ongoing developments in the fields of finance, banking in general and commercial lending in particular
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education, Training and Work Experience:
- High-school diploma required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 2 years commercial banking experience preferred
- Ability to prioritize tasks within defined responsibilities
- Knowledge of general banking operations and activities is desired
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills are needed.
- Must be organized and able to multi-task
- Demonstrated computer literacy in all Microsoft applications is necessary for success, with a particular emphasis on Word and Excel
- Proven ability to work independently, make decisions, handle multiple projects simultaneously and use discretion in setting priorities
- Able to clearly articulate ideas and information consistently, effectively in both written and verbal communications.
We are UniBank, a team of civic-minded financial professionals and all around great people working together to enrich people, businesses and municipalities across New England. We don’t abide by the doctrine of big, national banks. What we believe is different. What we believe is unique. We believe in our community. And we believe in the people who live here. We believe in committing time and financial support to local nonprofits. We believe in finding innovative solutions for affordable housing, community development and independent business. And yet, we are bankers. We are a mutual bank, owned by its customers, dedicated to local service. We are technology leaders. Since launching our first online payment platform in 2003, we’ve never stopped delivering the most effective technology to our customers. We are a unique blend of consumer, civic and business banking with more than 150 years of history. We are an exception to the rule.
We are unique. Unique to people. Unique to business. Unique to local government.
We are UniBank. Bank Different. Bank Unique.
This position is not subject to SAFE Act Registration Requirements. Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all applicants for employment who will be engaged in residential loan mortgage originations (as defined by the SAFE Act) must register with the federal registry system and maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act requirements.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a veteran or as an individual with a disability.
Participant in e-verify