We have a Unique opportunity to join the Sterling Associates Team as a full-time Jr. Sales Associate. We are group of talented, professional individuals passionate about supporting our customers and co-workers. We’re looking for someone who thrives in a position where delivering exceptional customer service is expected, who gets excited about learning new things, and wants to work in an environment where no two days will ever be the same. If being part of a team that gets to makes a difference in their community is what you have been looking for – then come join us!
The Jr. Sales Associate originates retail loans for client lenders by calling and visiting dealers, manufacturers, brokers, and by attending trade shows.
- Handles closing of loans with customers from application to funding.
- Answers customer inquiries via phone, e-mail and in person to solicit new business and maintain existing relationships.
- Determines customer’s creditworthiness and packages retail consumer loans to present to client lenders. Interviews customers over phone and determines if customer will pre-qualify for the loan before application is taken.
- Solicits business from dealers, brokers and consumers on a direct basis through attendance at trade shows and sales calls
- Researches answers to respond to bank inquiries to get deals approved or funded.
- Prepares final settlements by completing all required paperwork.
- Arranges loan closings, copies and ensures paperwork is notarized and that all pertinent information is included in final loan package.
- Assists in the overall process by pulling credit reports and getting payoff amounts via phone or computer.
- Deals effectively with banks, dealers, customers, insurance companies and documentation companies to discuss, solicit, and land deals and to ensure binders are received and the proper paperwork is completed. Interacts with client banks on a regular basis to discuss bank requirements and ensure company can meet bank stipulations.
- Oversees mail closings to ensure lender requirements are met and the deals are funded.
- Attends trade shows to promote new business.
- Determines where to place business by matching applicants’ needs to the lenders’ requirements.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable laws.
Knowledge, Skills, Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Previous related work experience helpful
- Must be able to listen, sell and negotiate effectively
- Ability to organize, plan, prioritize and communicate thoughts clearly in both written and verbal communication
- Strong math, analytic and problem-solving skills
About Sterling Associates
We are Sterling Associates, a team of dedicate , specialized bank service company that originated boat, recreational vehicle, aircraft and manufactured housing loans for client lenders. Based in Whitinsville, MA we also have team members across the US.
We are UniBank, a team of civic-minded financial professionals and all-around great people working together to enrich people, businesses and municipalities across New England. We don’t abide by the doctrine of big, national banks. What we believe is different. What we believe is unique. We believe in our community. And we believe in the people who live here. We believe in committing time and financial support to local nonprofits. We believe in finding innovative solutions for affordable housing, community development and independent business. And yet, we are bankers. We are a mutual bank, owned by its customers, dedicated to local service. We are technology leaders. Since launching our first online payment platform in 2003, we’ve never stopped delivering the most effective technology to our customers. We are a unique blend of consumer, civic and business banking with more than 150 years of history. We are an exception to the rule.
We are unique. Unique to people. Unique to business. Unique to local government.
We are UniBank. Bank Different. Bank Unique.
This position may be subject to SAFE Act Registration Requirements. Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all applicants for employment who will be engaged in residential loan mortgage originations (as defined by the SAFE Act) must register with the federal registry system and maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act requirements.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a veteran or as an individual with a disability.
Participant in E-Verify