Job ID AF9484-2055-1339
The University has successfully navigated the COVID-19 landscape for more than a year, with the safety of employees and students at the forefront. We are seeking a coordinator who will regularly review the protocols in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and make recommendations for improvement when needed. The COVID-19 Coordinator role will work directly with the current contact tracing team, COVID-19 Investigation Team, implement best practices and others throughout the University to evaluate the feasibility of COVID-19 initiatives.
The successful Coordinator will be forward thinking in the coordination of safety protocols for students, assist with coordinating vaccination clinics; contact investigate students; and reviewing mitigation efforts related to COVID-19. The Coordinator will stay current on state orders and mandates and advise the necessary parties. Some evenings and weekend work will be required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
(1) The position reports to the Dean of Students and Director of the Wellness Center.
(2) Contact investigate students who have tested positive for COVID-19 or have been exposed to a COVID-19 positive person, provide support and gather information, including information about the virus.
(3) Manage the COVID-19 Investigation Team.
(4) Coordinate and run weekly meeting with the COVID Investigation Team.
(5) Provides oversight to training requirements (John Hopkins Contact Tracing Course and in-service trainings) for COVID Investigation Team members.
(6) Regularly review the progression of cases to determine all steps have been followed.
(7) Communicate with cases and contacts in a professional and empathetic manner.
(8) Collect and record details of the case or contact, as well as any symptoms and pertinent details into a data sheet or software used by the contact tracing team.
(9) Provide an overview of trends or progression, as well as concerning outbreaks or lack of protocols in specific areas.
(10) Coordinate education efforts on safety measures and vaccinations.
(11) Work with Marketing and Communications to put information out to the most accessible sources for the targeted group.
(12) Oversees and coordinates individuals responsible for providing support to students who have been exposed and arranges for the provision of resources to meet the needs of these students.
(13) Maintains or updates emergency response plans or procedures related to
(14) Acts as the point of contact for students with concerns related to COVID-19, including facilitating the provision of information as to the next steps for individuals who have concerns related to COVID-19, as well as coordinating and directing other requests or concerns from students and employees to the appropriate departments within Detroit Mercy.
(15) Work with Human Resources, Student Affairs, Wellness Center, Information Technology and Facilities and Public Safety to ensure social distancing and other COVID requirements for campus use.
(16) Completes special projects as assigned.
(17) Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent license/certification, preferably in a health-science field.
• Three to five years’ experience in project management, coordination.
• Health or healthcare related degree preferred.
• Higher education experience a plus.
• Have advanced knowledge of PPE, HIPAA and patient confidentiality, Project Management, Student Affairs Supervision, Human Resources, or Healthcare Management experience a plus.
• Proficiency with Maxient software.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Successfully complete the Johns Hopkins COVID-19 Contact Tracing Course within 1 month of hire.
• Hold an understanding of HIPAA regulations and keeping data safe.
• Understanding of FERPA guidelines.
• Ability/willingness to navigate local public health and higher education regulatory requirements.
• Ability to exhibit a professional, positive attitude and work ethic.
• Excellent interpersonal skills required and ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse individuals during a time of crisis and distress.
• Ability to show empathy to distressed individuals.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills.
• Critical thinking and sound judgment required.
• Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and professionalism.
• Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Job may require lifting light weight objects (1 to 10 pounds) with no repetitive bending or stooping. Occasionally lift average weight objects (1 to 10 pounds).
Regular exposure to favorable conditions such as those found in a normal office.
Commensurate with experience
Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 with nights and weekends as needed
The anticipated duration of this assignment is one year.