URBN 2022 Summer Internship
Opportunities across brands in Graphic Design, Print Graphic Design, Digital Design, & UI Design.
At URBN, we pride ourselves on more than just our unique products and successful portfolio of brands. We create unique retail experiences with an eye toward creativity and a singular focus on pleasing our customer. We source the best of the best talent to drive our business forward, and our Interns are a crucial part of that equation.
Each summer URBN Inc. welcomes candidates from across the country to immerse themselves within teams across our portfolio of brands and gain paid, hands-on learning experience in the area of business which they choose to pursue. For 10 weeks, interns will share in the unique culture & perks found at our Home Office in the historic Philadelphia Navy Yard, while developing the skills to succeed in a fast-paced retail environment. Our selective program also offers a summer full of intern events, small group exposure to leadership, insight into company initiatives, off-site field trips & even a chance full time job opportunity. See for yourself what our past & present interns are up to @urbn_internships & #myurbnsummer !
The 2022 Summer Internship Program dates are to be determined. Summer Internships typically run from June to August.
ARTIST: You think in lines, shapes, and colors. CREATOR: You are innovative, inventive, creative, and detail oriented.
Graphic Design Intern Responsibilities
· Create in-store graphics and signage (utilizing Adobe Creative Suites programs)
· Assist creative team with digital file preparation and trend research
· Work on other print projects as needed
· Background in Art and Illustration – must have a strong illustrative hand
· Excellent organizational, time management, and detail-oriented skills
· Ability to work well in a fast paced, teamwork-oriented environment through strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
· Proficient in full adobe software suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
CREATOR: You are innovative, inventive, creative and detail oriented.
Digital & UI Design Intern Responsibilities
· Concept & design variety of digital experiences across website & email
· Develop interactive prototypes & visual designs for feature enhancements
· Support Art Director in presenting designs and concepts
· Collaborate with multiple teams such as Print Design, Digital Design, Marketing, User Experience and Development teams.
· Proficient in full adobe software suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Sketch, After Affects)
· Knowledge of HTML, CSS and prototyping design schools a +
· Interest in digital experiences & awareness of current trends
· Strong attention to detail with pixel perfect eye
· Ability to prioritize tasks and ability to self-manage, remain organized and meet deadlines
ALL MUST SUBMIT
(2) Graphic Design Layout (8.5 X 11 PDF)
· Select the URBN brand of your choice & create a design (site layout, store signage, set of posters, animated webpage, suite of branding or marketing materials, etc.) that demonstrates your creativity and understanding of the brand culture, voice & aesthetic.
· Explain how / why this idea fits in with our brand, and how it would function. How would you help us create a stronger visual and conceptual relationship between all the different channels of our brand?
(This is the creative part of the application so have fun with it!)
*Please create 1 PDF that contains the two pieces of your application (resume and Graphic Design project) and upload it to the Resume section of your online application. If you have a portfolio please be sure to include links for us to check it out!*
Summer Internship Program Application Process:
- Select the one bucketed internship posting that best suits your interests & skills. You will be considered for various opportunities throughout the brands from this application via our careers website. If there is a project component in the application (see above), it is required that you submit this to be considered for a position.
- Complete HireVue: Candidates selected will receive an email with a link to complete a HireVue Video Interview. You will have 2 days to complete this portion of the application once the email is received.
- Video interviews will be scheduled with our internal teams, continuing on a rolling basis through the winter until each has selected the best fitting candidate for their role.
- Please be flexible & patient with us as we all work to navigate these unsure times 🙂
Don’t forget to check out urbn.com/internships and @urbn_internships on Instagram to learn more! Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please email email@example.com.
Urban Outfitters, Inc. celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We believe strongly in fostering a safe, fair and respectful work environment. To ensure compliance with our non-discrimination and anti-harassment policies, we offer anti-harassment training to managers and employees.