URBN 2022 Summer Internship
PHOTO STUDIO / STYLING
Opportunities across brands in Apparel, Home, Accessories & Flats Styling as well as Photo Studio + Web Production, Post-Production, Art Direction, & Digital Tech.
At URBN, we pride ourselves on more than just our unique products and successful portfolio of brands. We create unique retail experiences with an eye toward creativity and a singular focus on pleasing our customer. We source the best of the best talent to drive our business forward, and our Interns are a crucial part of that equation.
Each summer URBN Inc. welcomes candidates from across the country to immerse themselves within teams across our portfolio of brands and gain paid, hands-on learning experience in the area of business which they choose to pursue. For 10 weeks, interns will share in the unique culture & perks found at our Home Office in the historic Philadelphia Navy Yard, while developing the skills to succeed in a fast-paced retail environment. Our selective program also offers a summer full of intern events, small group exposure to leadership, insight into company initiatives, off-site field trips & even a chance full time job opportunity. See for yourself what our past & present interns are up to @urbn_internships & #myurbnsummer !
The 2022 Summer Internship Program dates are to be determined. Summer Internships typically run from June to August.
STYLIST: You know just which pieces go together to make the perfect look.
Stylist Intern Responsibilities
· Attend Friday product handoff
· Product sample preparation & organization for the week based on sets
· Assist studio manager with marking and relocation of furniture / props
· Assist stylist with setting up and breaking down sets
· Studio organization & maintenance (ex: paint + plant care)
· Assist with packing for editorial shoots
· Complete Summer Internship Styling project to present to brand leaders
· Various projects assigned as needed (ex: file organization, inspirational imagery searches, building backdrops, etc.)
· Creative thinker with a passion for styling & eager to learn new skills
· Excellent organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills
· Ability to multitask / prioritize tasks and meet deadlines in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
· Detail oriented
PHOTOGRAPHER: You have a unique ability to create and capture style.
Photo Studio / Digital Tech Interns Responsibilities
· Assist in set up & tear down of studio equipment, sets & lighting fixtures
· Oversee equipment inventory + inspect to ensure fully operational
· Organize & properly size incoming photos in preparation for retouching
· Collaborate with team for upcoming creative shoots by offering ideas, tears, locations etc.
· Assist with digital technology needs
· Understanding of existing shooting processes for high volume production of all photography
· Ability to operate digital camera + other equipment (tripods stands, strobe lights etc.)
· Proficient operating MAC computer and Capture One
· Detail oriented, creative thinker passionate about photography & eager to learn
· Strong communication, time, management, prioritization skills
DIRECTION / PRODUCTION: You are quick to adapt & wear many hats! Innovative-creative-visionary.
Web Production Interns Responsibilities
· Assist in production team members with photo shoots in studio and on location
· Book travel for studio and location shoots & other pre-production needs as required (ex: sourcing props, compile estimates, etc.)
· Maintain shoot budgets – collecting vendor invoices & p card charges
· Collaborate to plan upcoming creative shoots by offering ideas, tears, locations etc.
· Attend shoots as needed & handle day-to-day operations.
Art Direction Interns Responsibilities
· Assist Art Directors in pulling inspiration for current + upcoming projects (mood boards)
· Assist in sourcing appropriate talent partners & locations to bring innovative concepts + experiences to life (Photographers, Models, Influencers, etc.) – add to database
· Assist in prep of print photography and concept briefs
· Attend shoots as needed
· Create and update of templates, guidelines and documents to aid in the creative process of the team and studio.
· Interest in a career in a creative field such as photo art direction or photography
· Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite & knowledge of photography
· Strong portfolio showing on-set shoot experience (team experience +)
· Understanding of relevant industry talent / trends
· Strong interpersonal relationship building skills
· Organization, file management, time management skills
· Ability to adapt / balance priorities amid shifting deadlines
ALL MUST SUMBIT
(2) Styling Concept Board (8.5 X 11 PDF)
· Select the URBN brand of your choice & create a concept board featuring tears of images (still life styling, editorial, artistic, etc.) that you find aspirational for the brand’s creative direction.
· You may use visuals from blogs, Instagram, magazines, etc. to show your point of view but be sure to think like a product stylist when pulling your aspirational tears.
(This is the creative part of the application so have fun with it!)
*Please create 1 PDF that contains the two pieces of your application (resume and Graphic Design project) and upload it to the Resume section of your online application. If you have a portfolio please be sure to include links for us to check it out!*
Summer Internship Program Application Process:
- Select the one bucketed internship posting that best suits your interests & skills. You will be considered for various opportunities throughout the brands from this application via our careers website. If there is a project component in the application (see above), it is required that you submit this to be considered for a position.
- Complete HireVue: Candidates selected will receive an email with a link to complete a HireVue Video Interview. You will have 2 days to complete this portion of the application once the email is received.
- Video interviews will be scheduled with our internal teams, continuing on a rolling basis through the winter until each has selected the best fitting candidate for their role.
- Please be flexible & patient with us as we all work to navigate these unsure times 🙂
Don’t forget to check out urbn.com/internships and @urbn_internships on Instagram to learn more! Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please email email@example.com.
Urban Outfitters, Inc. celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We believe strongly in fostering a safe, fair and respectful work environment. To ensure compliance with our non-discrimination and anti-harassment policies, we offer anti-harassment training to managers and employees.