Join Our Team!
Valencia College is now hiring a full time Director, Dual Enrollment (DE) to join the Partnerships for Educational Equity team and provide college wide leadership for the dual enrollment program.
We are looking for someone passionate about student success, enhancement of student learning, and progression. In this role, you will have the opportunity to support a program to meet the needs of a diverse student population. Giving you the opportunity to lead, develop and grow relationships with K-12 and university partners. Leveraging the college’s position in the region’s educational ecosystem, you will promote dual enrollment to support students’ educational progression.
You will need to be familiar with dual enrollment as a strategy not just for acceleration but for college access. This role will require you to interact with middle and high school students, including parents/guardians and staff/administrators and state officials. You will ensure ongoing efforts to optimize equitable access, recruitment, enrollment, and outcomes of the students in DE. There will be collaboration with a range of partners and constituents to lead the development, organization, administration, articulation, and implementation of the Dual Enrollment Program.
At Valencia College, it’s more than just a job. We understand the importance of fostering a collaborative environment and achieving a true work/life balance. Join one of the largest community colleges in Florida, recognized as one of “The Great Colleges to Work For by The Chronicle of Higher Education, and the inaugural winner of the Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence, take the first steps by completing and submitting an online application for this position. There are plenty of places to find employment, but at Valencia College, you’ll find fulfillment.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution preferably in sociology, psychology or social science areas
- Experience in developmental advising at college level or K-12 but prefer in higher education
- Knowledge and experience with college access initiatives and ability to collaborate with range of partners
- Experience with college and student recruitment
- Strong experience operating at a manager level with high performing team
- A demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion.
Please click here for a complete job description.
Valencia’s Total Rewards package features:
- Free medical, dental benefits and paid life insurance premiums
- Generous paid time off – vacation leave, sick leave, personal days, spring break, winter break, and other holidays
- Florida retirement membership
- YMCA membership benefits
- Educational and Professional development opportunities for you and your dependents and so much more….
Moreover, we believe you will appreciate the commitment to work-life balance plus the inspiring, motivating, and teamwork-oriented environment that we enjoy every day.
Location: Orlando, FL 32811 – West Campus
Valencia College has campuses conveniently located throughout Central Florida that are accessible by local freeways, expressways and surface streets. But the convenient commute is just part of the appeal.
As one of the fastest growing cities in America, Orlando offers just the right mix of laid-back Florida lifestyle and the amenities of a big city, making it a great place to live and work.
Salary: $54,881 – $66,543 per year
Closing Date: Friday, October 1, 2021 at 11:59 PM EST
If this opportunity sounds inspiring, please complete and submit an online application at https://valenciacollege.peopleadmin.com/postings/14599
Equal Employment Opportunity
Valencia College is an equal opportunity institution. We provide equal opportunity for employment and educational services to all.