What you’ll do…
We are looking for a passionate and experienced professional to join the data science team at Walmart. Our team partners with engineering teams, business professionals and product managers from a variety of digital marketing channels including SEM, SEO, CRM and Display, etc. The team is dedicated to developing large scale data-driven solutions for digital media to bring high quality demand to Walmart at low cost. Team members have the unique opportunity to mine massive data sets generated by Walmart’s unparalleled online and offline commerce and develop models and algorithms that sustain and accelerate the growth of Walmart through omni channels. You’ll work with our distributed team of diverse and passionate data scientists, engineers, marketers, and product managers to build a world-class marketing science practice and integrated platform designed to support entire Walmart to enhance marketing strategies.
The ideal person will demonstrate an aptitude for working with various business teams to understand their strategic objectives and tactics and produce playbooks for data-driven optimization via A/B tests. The candidate should enjoy conceptualizing a team’s strategy to identify optimization opportunities and be a strong influence in how those opportunities are tested.
In this role you will:
- Utilize cutting-edge machine learning/statistical/optimization techniques to deliver solutions for projects in the domain of marketing science. Examples of projects include marketing attribution, experimental design, channel optimization etc.
- Design statistically sound A/B testing experiments to properly evaluate the effectiveness and business value of proposed marketing strategies;
- Consult and advise business teams on A/B and multivariate test opportunities, experiment design and standard methodologies, establishing oneself as a subject matter expert and trustworthy partner.
- Mine massive data, derive business insights, and propose interesting modeling projects that have the potential to have high business impact;
- Collaborating with engineering teams to define interfaces, understanding and resolving dependencies;
- Standardize and build scalable and highly available systems that follow operational best practices;
- Developing visuals and reports to efficiently communicating model results and insights to business teams.
What we are looking for:
- Strong statistical knowledge and experience in conducting statistical analysis of data and provide clear actionable insights from the results.
- Must have ability to manipulate, analyze, interpret large data sources, and tell a story from data through analyses
- Strong skills with SQL, Hive, R or Python, Tableau for data manipulation, statistical analysis, and data visualization.
- knowledge of A/B and multivariate testing methodology, including statistical foundations, best practices, and pitfalls
- Advanced degree in computer science, statistics, data science, mathematics or other discipline (e.g., economics, psychology) that exposes scientific methods of research and analysis. Phd degree is a plus.
- Minimum 3-year industry working experience with large-scale data
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field and 3
years’ experience in an analytics related field. Option 2- Master’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science,
Information Technology, or related field and 1 years’ experience in an analytics related field. Option 3 – 5 years’ experience in an analytics or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Data science, machine learning, optimization models, Master’s degree in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Information Technology, Operations Research, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, Successful completion of one or more assessments in Python, Spark, Scala, or R, Using open source frameworks (for example, scikit learn, tensorflow, torch)