The marketing, communications, and media assistant works assists with the Council’s marketing initiatives and helps grow the Council’s online profile. The intern is responsible for communicating with members about CTWAC activities and fostering the exchange of ideas via posts, tweets, and blogs. Candidates should be creative, have experience with social media platforms, and possess excellent communication skills. Experience with web design is desirable. Interns should expect to work 15-20 hours per week.
- Create an email newsletter and develop a monthly e-newsletter
- Develop press materials and conduct outreach with the local press
- Update the Council’s profile on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube
- Develop marketing and outreach materials and conduct marketing research
- Populate web content and maintain the Council’s website
- Manage the Council’s photography collection by archiving, editing, and posting photographs
- Explore new ways to utilize social media platforms