Are you looking for an adventure, not just a place to work? In the fall and winter, Death Valley miraculously morphs into a desert paradise that boasts the world’s lowest elevation golf course. And when you live, work, and explore at The Oasis at Death Valley — with its historic AAA Four Diamond Inn at Death Valley and Ranch at Death Valley — you’ll discover a welcoming community of employees who work hard, share a real passion for the environment, and enjoy creating memorable experiences for our guests.
As an employee of the Oasis at Death Valley, you’ll receive FREE housing September through December 2021 (discounted housing available after December), free breakfast and lunch, dinner is $4 in our Employee Dining Room, a generous benefits package for full time employees, and discounts at our other Xanterra parks and properties.
We have activities on site at the Oasis for you to enjoy as well. Our swimming pools are fed from local streams and are naturally warm, our lush green golf course is a very contrasting and diverse ecosystem, and our walking paths have beautiful views of the Panamint Mountains. Employees play for free and can rent clubs and/or carts.
We have more to offer than just a place to escape the cold. Check out the links below, and if you think Death Valley is a place you’d like to call home for a season or longer, submit an application today!
Before we begin the interview process, please be aware that joining our company requires you to successfully pass a background check and a drug test, which includes screening for marijuana.
Position Summary: Design, install, care and maintenance of all The Oasis at Death Valley plant materials and landscape features.
Our mission is to provide legendary service to our guests visiting from all over the world, and your work is instrumental to our success!
- Supervise landscape staff and assign daily tasks
- Interview, hire, train and evaluate team members.
- Develop a preventative maintenance program for all landscape areas.
- Design annual and perennial flowerbeds that enhance the overall experience and the overall presentation of the property.
- Purchase plant material within budgetary guidelines.
- Work and support other landscape team members
- Maintain Resort trees and shrubs.
- Monitor health and determine fertility and pesticide programs for landscape plantings.
- Schedule tree pruning and trimming.
- Take environmental awareness and measures that protect resources and wildlife.
- Maintain, install and schedule irrigation systems for landscape features.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in horticulture or related field of study from a four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.