Position Summary: At Yellowstone Boys and Girls Ranch, we count on our Behavior Specialists to support a trauma-informed environment while being primarily responsible for social, emotional, and behavioral interventions for the youth they serve. They provide interventions in and out of the classroom, before and after school, within the youth’s home, school, and community-based on the needs of the youth and families driven by an individualized treatment plan. They serve as a positive role model and mentor to the youth they serve. A Behavior Specialist will have a heart and passion for working with youth who often come from hard places and have experienced complex trauma. The applicant must be mission and values-driven and possess a strong work ethic, reliability, and desire to be a positive role model in our youth and families lives. Click Here To View Complete Job Description
What you will receive if you are selected for this position:
- An opportunity to be a part of something special. It is amazing to see the youth transform, knowing that you a part of helping them on that journey. See the story of one such youth by clicking Saving Dennis
- Experience and training in some of the most current & exciting modalities, including Trauma-Informed Care, Attachment Regulation and Competency, Cognitive Behavior Therapy/Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, and Dialectical Behavior Therapy.
- A robust benefits package – click to see our current Benefits Guide.
- Generous time off accrual, which includes 24 hours that is available for use after hire. Our own mental health requires time to get away for relaxation and rejuvenation.
- Life has its share of ups and downs — and sometimes, you may need a little guidance through the “downs.“ Our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is provided for FREE to you and dependents, living at or away from home, as well as household members, related or not, and is always confidential. Informational Flyer on EAP
- This position can provide practicum and internship opportunities for students enrolled in a Master’s degree program in social work, counseling, or related fields.
- Hiring Range $12.33 – $13.80 per hour