The YES Network, the number one regional sports network in the nation, is the exclusive regional television home of the 27-time World Champion New York Yankees, the Brooklyn Nets, New York City FC and the New York Liberty. YES, which has earned 118 Emmy Awards since its 2002 launch, also televises Emmy Award-winning original biography, interview and magazine programs, in addition to Manchester City soccer and college sports. It has been the most-watched regional sports network in the country for 15 of the past 17 years and has made the list of Forbes’ top 10 most valuable sports business brands in the world for nine straight years.
Timeframe: January-May 2021
Location: Remote initially, with the possibility of working in YES’ Manhattan offices at some point during semester
The intern will work remotely with the Vice President of Communications, remaining in regular contact via email and telephone & Zoom calls. There is a possibility that, if it is practical and safe, the intern may work in YES’ Manhattan offices at some point during the semester.
Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Spring 2021 Communications Internship” written in the Subject line. Include brief cover letter in body of email explaining why you should be considered for this position.
***Resumes must be submitted directly by students to YES; resumes submitted by the school (e.g. advisors or career services) or by third-party sites will not be considered.
• Work directly with the Vice President, Communications in publicizing the business and on-air activities of the YES Network
• Research and pitch YES-related story ideas to media
• Research, write and edit press materials such as press releases, biographies, fact sheets and awards competition submissions
• Fulfill internal and external information requests
• Manage online media database and photo library
• Research and maintain YES and industry ratings databases
• Must be a matriculating undergraduate student
• Must be able to work efficiently in remote environment
• Must be a self-starter with great time-management and prioritization skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills are necessary
• Must be meticulous, professional, responsive, organized and resourceful
• Must know how to conduct research over the Internet
• Must be proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Working knowledge of the business of sports, television and digital media is preferred
• Must have a genuine interest in the communications/public relations field