The Human Resources intern will work with each full time employee in the office to learn the recruiting, hiring, onboarding, off boarding, disciplinary actions, smart plans and any other functions of the human resources office. Ideal candidate can stay for 6-8 months at our Estes Park Center location.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrate the ability to fluently read, write and speak English.
- Basic knowledge of computers for maintaining employee records and providing general correspondence. Knowledge of Microsoft software (i.e. Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Ability to operate office equipment: e.g. phones, copier, keyboard, and fax machine.
- Ability to work independently and be self-directed.
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule as hours will vary and will include weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Perform basic office functions such as answering telephones, recording invoices, typing correspondence, data entry, operating a computer, making copies, filing, and assembling employee files.
- Most work will be in an office setting, however, climbing stairs will be necessary.
- Ability to access and move throughout all YMCA facilities.
- Responsibly handle confidential information.
- Assist other Human Resources staff with daily operations and on-going projects.
- Maintain an orderly and professional work area on a daily basis.
- Must be extremely organized with an impeccable attention to detail.
- Excellent keyboard, data entry and outstanding telephone etiquette.
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills and teaching/training skills.
- Assist with interviews, reference calling, and other hiring tasks.
- Must possess a valid, USA state issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
What We Offer:
This is a seasonal position with a base pay rate of $12.57/hour (based on 40 hours/week). This position includes:
- Room & Board Options Available (room in our staff dormitory with wifi, pay laundry facilities and board, 3 meals per day, 7 days per week)
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities and activities which include but are not limited to: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, hiking/biking/skiing trails, archery, ice skating, disc golf, mini-golf, climbing wall, library, bonfire rings, craft shop and more. For the most current activity guides please click here: Estes Park Center / Snow Mountain Ranch
- Passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and/or golf (dependent on season and resort – limited number available, first come first served basis)
- Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
- Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Staff Experience Team
- Lodging Discount Nights at either YMCA of the Rockies location
- Discounts at on site General Store/Gift Shop, Rustic Café/Buckboard Grill, and Jackson/Snow Mountain Stables
- Discounts at local merchants
- Shuttles for staff without vehicles based on season and availability for groceries, doctor, trips to town
- Cleaning supplies/equipment, linens and paper products provided/available for use
How to Apply:
We only accept applications through our Career Site, https://jobs.ymcarockies.org/, not through Handshake.