WHAT IS THE MENTORING PROGRAM?
Sacred Heart University’s formalized mentorship program (MVP: Mentoring Visionary Pioneers) will match Mentors (employers) with Mentees (students) to enhance the Mentee’s professional development. It is an opportunity for Mentors to help Mentees better understand their classroom teachings and align it with workplace expectations to have a smooth transition from campus to career. Mentees will be paired with Mentors who are industry experts and possesses strength to inspire, motivate, and develop leaders, whereby Mentees will gain exposure to proficiencies in career competencies, build leadership skills, potential internship, and establish lasting relationships to further expand professional connections.
Build and promote an engaging atmosphere between industry professionals and students; focused on life-long success through the sharing of professional knowledge and life experiences.
BENEFITS TO BEING AN MVP
* Through consistent Mentor/Mentee interactions, the Mentee will gain valuable subjective advice and interpersonal skills, heighten industry awareness, professional insight, executive presence, and engagement with other professionals
* Gain valuable advice: Mentors will provide guidance on the best course of action in varying situations while offering a different perspective towards working more effectively
* Opportunity to learn from the Mentor about their industry (if decided)
* Mentee – to build professional network and identify next steps to develop their career
MVP PROGRAM DATES 2022:
- Spring Cycle: Wednesday, February 9th – Wednesday, May 11th
- Summer Cycle: Wednesday, June 8th – Wednesday, August 31st