Welcome, Faculty! The Center for Career & Professional Development is excited to collaborate with you on helping prepare your students for the world of work. We welcome your partnership and look forward to getting to know you and your students. Faculty engagement is the cornerstone of our department’s best practices.
Ideas for collaboration:
- Customized classroom presentations
- Have to cancel class? Invite Career to takeover!
- Guest alumni/industry speakers
- Industry Treks/Corporate Visits
- Alumni Mentor Program (MVP)
- Graduate school/academic advisement initiatives
- Industry & career roundtable discussions/networking events
- Request a Career representative to attend a staff or faculty meeting
- Student worker training & guidance on internship development
- Incorporate assignments on resume reviews/coaching appointments/mock interviews into your curriculum
- Become a Career Community Partner (Career Communities allow students access to early-industry exploration through tailored content including blog posts, featured opportunities, virtual resources, professional associations, community network members, events, and more)
- As always, we are open to your suggestions!
Before becoming a career coach, I spent my twenties as a professional actor. During that period, hustling between auditions and performances, I suddenly began to suffer from a serious case of anxiety. I didn’t know what caused it, but the …
Some resume trends come and go. Colorful resumes can confuse employers, making them even less likely to view you favorably. Others stick around because of their usefulness. Customizing your resume and adding an executive summary as an “elevator pitch” are …
Check out this TED Talk on the Power of STEM: