Welcome Students! The Center for Career & Professional Development here at Sacred Heart University is excited to work with you to transition from campus to career. Studies show, those students who take advantage of their career center, early on – reported greater satisfaction in their choice of profession. We want you to not only be prepared – but to stand out!
The Center for Career & Professional Development is here to help you with….
Utilize your career resources!
- Use Handshake to schedule an appointment with your designated career advisor
- Explore options of how your graduate degree can advance you professionally
- Update resume, cover letter and LinkedIn to be sure you are marketing skills, experiences, and qualifications
- Participate in a mock interview to practice interviewing skills
- Explore Handshake to search for open positions or internships
- Meet with a career coach to discuss the job search and job search strategies
Network, Network, Network!
- It is estimated that over 85% of jobs are found through networking in the United States, so it is important to network!
- Use LinkedIn and the LinkedIn Alumni search to make connections and network with SHU alums all over the world to make connections and network with SHU alums all over the world
Article by Anna McGrade
Photo by Dillon Kneucker
The Spectrum Newspaper
On Wednesday, Oct. 18, Sacred Heart University’s, Center for Career and Professional Development held its annual Career and Internship Fair. This fair invited employers from many different companies to …
On Thursday, September 21st, The Center for Career and Professional Development hosted an Accounting and Finance Career Fair sponsored by Ernst & Young and BDO USA, P.C. The fair welcomed over 20 employers looking to hire Sacred Heart students for …